Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Trade Show

Last week, I attended the Outdoor Retail Show once again. I go every winter and summer to help out at the Evolv booth. Last year, I actually worked by meeting buyers from the Four Corners area to talk about new climbing shoes and how to boost sales. This year, Evolv was able to find a full time rep to run the entire area apposed to me only being able to run the front range area. Having to pay the mortgage really kept me from doing what needed to be done as a rep. If I was able to find a couple of more product lines along side Evolv, I think I could make a solid go at being a rep. I know I can sell, I know I can. I do shoe demos for Evolv, attend climbing events like the trade shows, comps, and fund raisers to help support the product. I manage the Colorado Team and always help promote the product.
The show was pretty fun. It is always fun to talk about climbing and shoes with psyched climbers. Evolv has a couple of new models this season, which are the K2's and K-Laces. They have revamped the Talon and Predator which looks freakin insane!!!!!!!1Getting to see friends that I haven't seen in a while is super nice as well as meeting Scott Milton. Evolv rented a house this show which was much cheaper than renting hotel rooms. The house was pretty f-ing pimp! We had about 15 Evolv team members and friends hanging at the house. The parties were fun, but actually mild. Partying with Lisa Rands was an experience I will remember for a while. The booth was really nice this show as well. Aron did a super nice job designing and building the entire booth. There were actual offices so that the sales reps could have some privacy with their buyers. There was a professional energy that I have not seen at our shows before. GOOD SHOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment