Saturday, July 11, 2009

Kaos 2/ K-Lace




I just received the new Evolv Kaos2's and K-Lace. I personally like soft climbing shoes and these babies will feed my desires. I am not the heaviest guy on the block and stiff shoes are not as sensitive as I would like for the majority of climbing I do. For bouldering, the Kaos 2's will be a great soft, non aggressive, velcro slipper that will do amazing on slab and slightly over hanging terrain. The K-Lace is that and a bowl of cherries. The K-Lace has the same soft feel, but with the lace system, the heal seams to cinch down a tad better than the velcro K2's. Both shoes have perforated synthetic uppers that breaths amazingly. I can actually feel the breeze as it blows through my feet, awesome! . The rubber is the new EcoTrax rubber. The front 1/4 right at the toe box is new high friction Trax rubber, while the back 3/4 is the EcoTrax rubber. I feel no difference in the rubber compounds from front pointing to heal hooking. The shoes heal hook just as awesome as any other shoe in the line. All in all, I really like the shoe for slab to slightly overhanging terrain:)

1 comment:

  1. ah shit! One more blog to get me though the work day! Those K-rides are bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Byron Out!

    ReplyDelete