Monday, October 12, 2009

Joes Valley

Grand Junction Wine Country
Cory giving it on "Filla Void".

My wife, Danielle on "Pimpers Paradise".


Jacinda puttin in the effort on "Frosted Flakes".




Working moves on the "Hulk".



Cory on the "Rail".





Mrs. Peanut







D on Riverside Traverse






Cory doin the river crossing.









"High Tide" super classic V6.

This last weekend, Danielle, Peanut, her friend from school Jacinda, her husband Cory and their doggie Denali and I went to Joe's Valley. The girls went out on Wednesday and Cory and I met them out there on Friday. Jacinda's parents let us use their tent trailer which was really nice. The weather was pretty cold during the week, but was perfect Saturday and Sunday. It was sunny and warm, yet windy which kept it pretty cool. Cory and Jacinda have never been out to Joe's, so D and I gave them the classic tour. We mostly stayed in Right Fork. I just realized that Joe's Valley is the land of the V6's. Their are so many freakin classic V6's, it's insane. I always want to go to Joe's and crush something hard, but I always seem to get sucked into doing way too many classics. Some folks might get bummed, but I really enjoy all the super fun mid range climbs. This trip, Danielle really wanted to finish "Moby Dick", but she was already cashed before she even got on the problem. She said that on the next trip she will get on the problem the first day instead of the third. She will crush it for sure. Cory and Jacinda mostly rope climb, so bouldering is sort of new for them. They both did really well. There are a lot of high, funky top outs, but they both went for it. Jacinda crushed "Sling Blade", "Sweet Seam" at Black and Tan and did really well on "Frosted Flakes, Cory was able to finish "Frosted Flakes", "Pimper's Paridise", "Pimper's Paridise Right", "Cave Traverse" and did really well on "High Tide". Danielle, Cory and I did the ever classic traverse over the water on the riverside warm up boulder as well as the Angler. I didn't really push myself too much because of a cold and my tendinitis. My list of climbs include, Better Than Coffee- V4, Scoop able V0 highball, 3 Weeks- V9, The Cave Man- V4, Sling Blade- V4, Dem Bones- V3, Todd's Easy Arete- V2/3, Shorty Pie- V3, Filla Void- V6, The Prow- V7, Blue Eyed- V5, Classic Crack- V3, Pimper's Paridise- V5, Pimper's Paradise Low- V6, Buoux Crack- V2, Buoux Problem- V3, Tradesque- V4,Buoux V4 face, Frosted Flakes- V4/5, Low Tide- V6, The Angler- V2, and the riverside warm up boulder's water traverse- V2.
It was a super great weekend with no injuries, lots of classic climbs and good company.

3 comments:

  1. word!

    and agreed: v6 is probably the most classic grade of joe's valley...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish I could go there and actually try something in the 10ish range, but I always get sucked into v6 land. Very classic lines in that range fo sho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool EZ. I really want to do Fingerhut!

    ReplyDelete