Friday, October 16, 2009

The addiction of Ink

















Once you start, you just want more. Ink is a funny addiction because at the time when your in the chair, you think to yourself, no more! Once the pain has gone away and the scabbing is gone to clean, new skin, you forget. Some people stay in the chair for hours on end, while others only last minutes. I can do about 3 hours and that is my limit.
I had started my leg piece years ago and just went back under the needle once again. I saw this great piece where someones dog was standing in a pair of checkered vans, it was hilarious. I love my doggy and thought, why not. So I had a piece done of our Peanut. This way, I will always have her close to me. I love art and always appreciated how much work goes into tattoos. I find the medium committing to say the leased. One f-up and ... Anyway, the last time I was in the chair, I thought to myself, no more ink! The whole process gets kind of old when you get tore up, keep it clean so no infection, don't bump anything or ouchy, itch, itch some more, scabbing, and a month later, new skin with a super colorful piece of ink artwork. I like having my leg inked. I can ware pants and no ever knows I have a big leg piece. I really do think I am done though. I don't want to go any higher because the pain is at the point where I don't know if I could handle it. I love ink and probably always will, but I want to keep it somewhat tasteful. I dig some of the sleeves I have seen, but once you go there, that's it. People are funny about judging others they don't know. I think that tattoos have come a long way in the fact that it is seen way more like an art form than ever before. Some of the artists out there are some of the best artists I have ever seen. The artists that did most of my work, paint, draw, and do many other types of artwork other than tattooing. Joel Long at Boulder Ink did my Japanese artwork and Greg Fuller at Tribal Rites did Peanut. Both artists are super good at their particular styles, check em out:)

No comments:

Post a Comment