Monday, January 11, 2010

Winter

Well, this winter has been interesting to say the leased. I have taken on the sales rep position for Evolv and am setting at the Spot Bouldering Gym. I quit my full time job and and am making things work with two fun jobs.
Climbing has come to almost a complete stop because of Colorado's winter this year. We get dumped on in October and the ground has had snow on it ever since. Not only has it been snowy, but it has been damn cold as well. This week is the first week in a long while that is has been warmer than 30 degrees. Plastic climbing is the way of things until I can get out and get on rock.
Wade, Josh Mitchell and I tried to climb on "Burn Out", but got chased out by rangers. I had no idea that Walker Ranch is closed to off trail traffic. Apparently, it has been closed for the last 5 years and they are talking about shutting it down to all trail and off trail traffic. We decided to go to the Hobo cave at Flag. I have never been there and it was nice outside so I decided what the hell. It was real rock, kind of. I wasn't all that impressed, really. I should have just climbed on plastic and got the work out in.
Hopefully the weather stays nice and I can get out at leased once this next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment