Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Evolv rep

Yeah buddy, I am now the Rocky Mountain sales rep for Evolv. I have finally quit my job that crushed my climbing this last summer with tendinitis and couldn't be any more psyched! I love to talk shop and help promote a product that is top quality. Along with the sales part, I am still the team captain and am always looking for great people that want to a part of such a great family. I have had a fair share of conversations about how Evolv is one of the most grounded companies and I am the first one to say that we by far have the most quality people representing the brand. I have been with Evolv for the past 6 to 7 years. Chris Lindner and I met Brian, the owner at the Phoenix Bouldering Comp when he had two models of shoes, the Docon and the Kaos. He was selling them for $40 and we told all of our friends back in San Diego. At that time. Boreal USA went under and Brian offered Chris a sponsorship. He took it and the rest is history. Buck came into the picture a year or two later and then became their first sales rep for So Cal. He pimped all of us discounted shoes and for that I started going to the trade shows to help out at the booth. Even then, I felt like I needed to give back for allowing me to purchase discounted shoes. I was by far not the strongest climber, but I was receiving the "Bro Deal" for helping to promote the brand that I truly believed in. In 2003 I moved to Colorado and got in touch with the territory sales rep to let him know I could be counted on to help out in any way he needed. I helped out at shoe demos and started learning about the different models and what they were designed for. Since I was doing all of the demos, team stuff and knew everyone at Evolv, any time they needed me to fill in when a rep moved on, I could be counted on. I started to get Evolv involved with events around Colorado like the Hera Climb For Life, The Horse Tooth Hang, The Spot Bouldering Series and other smaller events like college comps, high school comps and really started supporting Jr teams. In 2008, Evolv helped support five Jr Teams and it keeps growing.



I think this is a good move at this point in my life. Danielle graduates in May and we both decided that I might as well be happy and as long as we can pay the bills, why not. I hope I can grow the brand in the Rocky Mountain Territory and have a good time along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment